[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT - What to do with Zucchini - WAS: New Craft classes, let's try it out!

Annette Carr amcarr1 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 10 14:30:23 UTC 2016

Nella,

Here are some other things you can do with Zucchini:

Zucchini bread made in regular sized loaves and mini loaves as well as
muffins made in large, medium (cupcake or mini.  Cool completely and freeze
in as air-tight as possible.

Grilled zucchini - Cut the ends off of the zucchini, leave the skin on,
slice into 1/4 slices from end to end, toss with olive oil, sprinkle with
garlic powder and sea salt to taste (optional).  Gook on the grill until
they are warm or cooked to the doneness of your liking.  This method is my
husband's favorite way to cook zucchini, and I really do enjoy the taste.

Slice the zucchini into 1/4 rounds with the skin on.  Toss with Olive oil,
and garlic powder and sea salt to taste (optional.  Placed on a greased
baking sheet or baking stone (my preference).  Place in a 350 degree oven.
Cooking time will vary based on thickness and tenderness of zucchini, and
the type of baking pan, as well as your preference for doneness.  Flipping
each piece over around 2/3 of the way through the cooking time will provide
a more even texture, but life will not end if you do not flip them, but you
have to be careful not to burn the bottoms.  If I am cooking, baking is my
favorite way to make zucchini.

Slicing the zucchini into 1/4 or smaller rounds, tossing them with (yes, you
guessed it) olive oil, garlic powder and sea salt, and steaming them on the
stove top is easy and fast.

Spiralized zucchini  is very versatile.  It does require you to have a
veggie spiral cutter.  We have a manual one that cost under $15.  It does
take a bit of muscle, but it gets the job done.  If you do a Google search
for spiralized Zucchini recipes you will find tons.  Or you can think about
your favorite spaghetti recipe and substitute the spiralized zucchini for
the spaghetti.  I've been told that combining spiralized zucchini, carrots,
and sweet potatoes with chunks of other foods makes a very visually
appealing presentation.

HTH,
Annette