[Nfb-krafters-korner] Introduction

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Thu Jul 14 16:00:01 UTC 2016

Deanna

,

I am a quilter and have taught quilting here at Krafters Korner.  Going back
18 years ago when I started sewing once again after going blind, I searched
all over trying to find a way to cut things out.  I did use a rotary cutter
and found a lot of plastic[heavy plastic] in quilt stores in squares and
shapes to cut out quilt pieces.  When I started back then the Accuquilt was
available, but for way too much money.[Just the cutting machine was $600]
Since then the price has fallen and I could not live without my Accuquilt.

I have 2 Accuquilts now.  I have the Accuquilt Go which is the normal size
one and can use all the dies except the " Big" dies which you can put two
dies in at one time side by side and cut the regular size dies.  I have
theBaby Accuquilt which takes the dies up to 6 inches wide.  The go takes up
to 10" wide dies.

The accuquilt can cut up to 6 layers of fabric at one time and you can get
all types and shapes of dies to make most any size quilt block.

Just a quick comment or two.  You can purchase the Accuquilt Go with a die
that has several shapes[square, 1/2 square triangle] for around $200 ]on
Ebay it can be found cheaper] and the Baby you can get for around $100[no
dies come with this] I picked my Baby up on EBay for $60.  The dies run
starting at $15 with several common sizes for $29.95  The strip dies rund
around $80  - 2 1/2", down to 1" and up to 6 1/2".

They recently have come out with sets of dies and applique [cat, dog,
flower, etc] and circles so you can cut shapes with perfect curves.

I love my Accuquilt.  Check them out on Accuquilt.com and then go to EVay
and do a search for Accuquilt and check the prices.

Don't have any fear purchasing the dies on EBay as Accuquilt guarantees
replacement of any dies.

Joyce