[Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille drawings

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 00:09:01 UTC 2016

Next Saturday at 7:00 p m Eastern time we will have a class on Braille
drawings.  You need a Braille writer or slate and stylus and paper,
preferrably 11 by 11.5.  You should also be prepared to copy the design in
Braille or recording.  We will probably do a pumpkin with a face, which is
small,  and a flag which is larger and will not fit on the narrow paper.  I
can give you a pattern for a small flag, but the large one is better, so I
think we should make that one.

 I can dictate both if there is time.

So far I have Nella, Joyce, Terry K., and Deborah K. signed up. If you have
questions or if more people want to take the class, you can email me at
walhoframona at gmail.com <mailto:walhoframona at gmail.com> .

We will use the familiar number 605-781-1000; access code 875029. Please
copy the number.  I will try to send a reminder later, but try to keep track
of the number.

These are fun drawings to make, recognizable to both sighted and blind
people.  They help blind people to understand how pictures represent things,
although they are only outlines of what pictures show for sighted viewers.
Once you get the hang of it, you may want to make your designs, however, you
may want to learn more than two to get the feel for what can be done.  This
is not the only way to make tactile drawings, but it is good for quite a few
designs.

I am looking forward to seeing you all on the phone next week.

Ramona