[Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille drawings

Annely Rose annely53r at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 04:46:29 UTC 2016

Ramona,

Put me on the list, too.  I'll be there.

Annely
On Sat, 7/23/16, Ramona Walhof via Nfb-krafters-korner <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org> wrote:

 Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Braille drawings
 To: "'List for blind crafters and artists'" <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
 Cc: "Ramona Walhof" <walhoframona at gmail.com>
 Date: Saturday, July 23, 2016, 8:09 PM

 Next Saturday at 7:00 p m Eastern
 time we will have a class on Braille
 drawings.  You need a Braille writer or slate and
 stylus and paper,
 preferrably 11 by 11.5.  You should also be prepared to
 copy the design in
 Braille or recording.  We will probably do a pumpkin
 with a face, which is
 small,  and a flag which is larger and will not fit on
 the narrow paper.  I
 can give you a pattern for a small flag, but the large one
 is better, so I
 think we should make that one.

  I can dictate both if there is time.

 So far I have Nella, Joyce, Terry K., and Deborah K. signed
 up. If you have
 questions or if more people want to take the class, you can
 email me at
 walhoframona at gmail.com
 <mailto:walhoframona at gmail.com>
 .

 We will use the familiar number 605-781-1000; access code
 875029. Please
 copy the number.  I will try to send a reminder later,
 but try to keep track
 of the number.

 These are fun drawings to make, recognizable to both sighted
 and blind
 people.  They help blind people to understand how
 pictures represent things,
 although they are only outlines of what pictures show for
 sighted viewers.
 Once you get the hang of it, you may want to make your
 designs, however, you
 may want to learn more than two to get the feel for what can
 be done.  This
 is not the only way to make tactile drawings, but it is good
 for quite a few
 designs.

 I am looking forward to seeing you all on the phone next
 week.

 Ramona