[Nfb-krafters-korner] Slip stitch

Dorothea Martin bestsinger at samobile.net
Sat Jun 11 03:24:15 UTC 2016

Hi, Terry,
My guess is that the problem is because of your yarn having split at
that point. If it is only a couple of rows down, you can drop this
stitch off the needle, let it run down to the row with the problem,
like a run in a stocking. Pick up the stitch with a crochet hook and
reknit it from the loops you will see on that side edge of your scarf.
If this is your first scarf, and considering the difficult nature of
the yarn itself, you might just decide to say, this is life and try to
move the stitch a bit with your fingers. Remember that wool is elastic.
I would normally tell you to pull the thing off the needles and take it
back to the problem row. The learning gained from this far outweighs
the loss of time in knitting those rows again. However, I would not do
this with the kind of yarn you are using. You could end up with a
tangled mess that might only yield to the scissors. Let me know how it
turns out.
Dotty