[Nfb-krafters-korner] New to the list

Lighthouse lighthouse1948 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jun 26 19:16:42 UTC 2016

Good afternoon,

I joined the list last week and have been reading the posts, but haven't had
time to introduce myself yet.  Becky told me about the list, because I sent
her a knitting question as a result of being on another list together.

I have been knitting since fifth grade, and I took an advanced knitting
class in my early 20's at a Sears store.  The woman that taught the course
was absolutely wonderful.  We became good friends.  I have lost track of her
because we both moved to different parts of the country.  My Mom was the
craftiest person I know of.  She could do everything.  She taught me to do
the different stitches on plastic canvus.  I enjoy latch hook, plastic
canvus, beading, and am game for learning any new craft.  I am most
proficient at knitting.  Complicated Irish fisherman's knits are my
favorite.

On Blind Mice Mega Mall, I found a pattern for a knitted lighthouse.  I love
lighthouses and collect them.  I never have knitted a picture before.  My
question to Becky, and to this list is "How do you change color multiple
times in a row of knitting?"  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I am just getting involved with the NFB and after reading all of the NFB
conference emails, I hope to attend next year.

I know some people are getting ready for the convention, so if a reply takes
awhile, I will understand.

Bernice and the sweet Octane.

(Octane is my 7 year old black lab Seeing Eye dog)