[Nfb-krafters-korner] New to the list

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 22:04:01 UTC 2016

Hi Bernice and Octane,

Welcome to the list. If you haven't already done so, now is a great time to
check out our website:
www.krafterskorner.org.

there you can get tons of information about our division, how to join and a
list of past classes offered as well as a list of current classes now being
offered.

Wow, it sounds as though you are a very experienced knitter and it is
wonderful to have someone with so much experience on our list. You asked
about how to switch colors while knitting and this technique is call Color
Work with Intarsia. A class was taught on the technique more than once for
our members. at the time, I was not an advanced enough knitter to feel I
should take the class. however, you can do a google search using that phrase
and probably come up with some good information.

I am only guessing, but I think that the way to do it would be to create
small butterflies of yarn for the center sections and whenever it was time
to drop one color and pick up the next, you would need to be certain to
bring the second color up and over the first to continue knitting. As I say,
I have never done it, but this makes the most sense.

If you post an email with the subject line Color Work with Intarsia you may
get a quicker response. This is a busy list and some folks don't read all of
the messages.

However, I want to welcome you once again to the list. As soon as convention
is over, we will likely get back to discussing crafts.

Oh yes, one of our instructor's taught a class to make a lighthouse in a
craft called safety pin beading. it really was a nice project and I gave it
to a friend who loves to sail.

Take care.