[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT: Talking Thermostat

Karen butterfly05 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 21 00:54:31 UTC 2016

Thank you so much for all of the feedback.

The system went out last week during the two days of record-breaking heat
here, and it looks like will need to be replaced. It is about 15 years old.
We're getting recommendations/estimates on it now.

It's turned chilly to usher in spring; thankfully the heat still works.

I'm thinking the VIP 3000 at talkingthermostats.com would be the easiest to
manage. It is odd it is battery-operated; the programmable one installed now
is wired. All I can do with it is adjust the temperature setting though,
which is not cool. I'm tempted to order one right now.

I hope the VIP is compatible with whichever system we get; I'll show the guy
the spec sheet. It does say universal.

I have two iDevices but am not ready to go the app route yet. I'd like to
keep it as simple as possible if I can.

Very grateful for all the responses,

Karen