[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT Echo has it

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Sat Mar 26 16:19:53 UTC 2016

You have heard me talk about the Amazon Echo or Alexa, well I got an email
telling me what is new and they have 3 thermostats for your heating that
will work with the Echo.

Now I mentioned this to my son...  and he admitted that he not only knew
about this, but bought one and installed up on his third floor. [Mom is a
little PO].  So I asked him how it works and he told me really well.  You do
need the Echo from Amazon, but this is how you do it.  I call out in the
dining room which is the next room over from where the echo is sitting and
say: Alexa turn the heat up 2 degrees, and it is done.  The best thing my
son told me it costs like $100 for the thermostat.  I don't know which one
he got, but the email listed 3 Brands.

He told my middle son he didn't want me to know about this as I would be
running the oil bill up more.[He pays for the oil.]

I need to find that email and check out all the models and their prices.  I
am guessing he got his from Home Depot.

Joyce

Jill, Aleexa can order your supper, make a shopping list, tell you jokes,
play music for you and now keep you warm, who needs a man?  I do as I can't
reach things...

Joyce