[Nfb-krafters-korner] Crocheting for Idiots

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed May 4 19:19:52 UTC 2016

Hi Rena,
Oh my, that is exactly what happened to me when I began crocheting! It was
so frustrating creating curved instead of straight edges. What I found out
was that I was not working into the correct stitch when beginning a new row.
What you must do is to finish the last stitch on a row, chain the number of
stitches needed and then crochet into the stitch you just finished in the
previous row. It was also helpful to me to place a stitch marker on the last
stitch of a row before chaining to begin the next row. That way when I came
back to that spot next time I would be certain to know that I was at the
last stitch in the row.
Keep trying, it takes a while to get the hang of it, but after a while you
won't need the markers. I am making a throw for the back of my chair and
thankfully it has straight edges!