[Nfb-krafters-korner] splitter

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Mon May 30 19:39:57 UTC 2016

I thought you all would be interested.
Becky

I saw this on Blind Bargains, and thought I'd share.

/Microphone Splitter for $14.95

A common question we receive pertains to how to use the Square credit card
reader while VoiceOver is enabled. When the traditional swipe reader is
plugged in, speech is muted since the iDevice thinks there's a pair of
headphones plugged in. To get around this limitation, you need a specific
headphone splitter. Extrasensory Devices via Amazon.com has the Wiretap
Headphone/Microphone Splitter for $14.95. There are a lot of headphone
splitters out there, but this is one of the few that works with the Square
card reader.