[Nfb-krafters-korner] crafting with leaves; subject lines

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 23:38:23 UTC 2016

Hey, everyone,

I’m usually fastidious about changing subject lines, found it pretty easy to learn—this from a technophobe who gets easily overwhelmed by verbal instruction on computer how-to’s; my error, though, is trying to put the subject line into the “to” field, because some listservs I’m part of send you right to the subject area when you click on the link for sending messages there and some don’t, but that’s finally ironing itself out in my brain. I think a subject-line contest is a marvelous idea, just such a positive motivator.

I’m plotting something for my parents’ Christmas present this year. I wrote a poem about living in the duplex my parents rented half of from when I was 3-6, and, with a sighted friend, plan on going to “the old house” to collect natural items to put around the border of it, maybe even with a picture of the place somewhere in it, and frame the whole thing. I should really check in with my friend to see if we can go collect stuff soon, maybe even some leaves I can press or something, some acorns, etc., and if she can take a picture to include on the upper border. So, that will be my leaf crafting adventure. BTW, another thing about acorns: when I visited the Emily Dickinson homestead in 2010, I picked up a couple acorns from beneath a big oak tree there, which are temporarily in a Braille-labeled envelope in a box where I keep stationery supplies, glue sticks, other stuff; I’d like to find a more permanent way of storing and labeling them, something maybe vinyl with a zipper or flap so I could open it often—I like to take them out and hold them and savor the memories once in a while. I may put them in a zip plastic bag with an index card describing them; in that stationery box, the label won’t wear out and the acorns won’t roll around. Think I’ve solved my own problem...

Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –
(Emily Dickinson)