[Nfb-krafters-korner] Laura Ingalls wilder---- was ----- Woman's day book of American needlework on BARD

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 19:16:51 UTC 2016

My parents took me to see the museum when I was a teenager.  They knew I
loved the books and it was a special present just for me.

The sad thing was that everything was behind glass and I had lost most of my
vision by then.  I really didn't get much out of the trip.  I was able to
feel some of the furniture in her home.  They had a lot of pictures, some
clothing and a few house hold items behind the glass.  One of the things in
a display case was Mary's slate and stylus.  Some of her Braille was also in
there.

It was really kind of a bad trip; I was disappointed and my poor parents
felt terrible because I wasn't able to experience the museum.  We were all
trying to get used to my vision loss and it was a very unpleasant experience
for all of us.

I wonder if one made arrangements in advance if they would allow more things
to be touched.

Nella