[Nfb-krafters-korner] Sample Swatch Blocks

Deborah Armstrong debee at jfcl.com
Fri Sep 2 22:35:53 UTC 2016

It's also important to know that any Braille book on BARD can be ordered
from your regional library as an embossed volume.

Of course you can only borrow it. But I do this all the time; borrow a
book and then go through the corresponding BRF file and emboss what I
needed from it.

There are also many services that will emboss Braille volumes for you
from BARD; just give them the name of the title and they can send you an
estimate. Both the NFB reference people and the NLS site have lists of
small contract Braille transcribers; in fact some of them might be on
this list.

For the next for sale day, anyone who is willing to emboss
already-formatted BRF files from BARD for a fee might want to post their
prices. It's a great way to get knitting and crochet patterns. Also
Blind Book Stop has pattern books.

I have access to two Braille embossers, but since embossing is part of
my job I can't offer it as a service -- it's against my union's
contract. But I can advise on how one gets it done.

--Debee