[Nfb-krafters-korner] answer for Naima

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 22:16:23 UTC 2016

Hi Naima,

Wow, you sound so very interested in our group and I am happy you found us.
you have so very many questions and all have answers. But in general, the
answers to your questions are yes, yes and yes. a blind or partially sighted
person can learn to crochet, knit, sew by hand or machine, and do many other
types of crafts. We teach one another over the phone or via a special email
list set up for a class. we use our words to describe how to do a project
step by tiny step. Often other students will join in and help the instructor
by saying something using different words which may explain something that a
student finds difficult to understand.
The reason it works is because it often takes one blind person to know how
to explain to another blind person how they do something. there are times
when a blind person may have to do something a bit differently to achieve
the same result as a sighted person.

If you go to www.krafterskorner.org/currentclasses  you will find a list of
classes that are currently open for sign up. You can take one class free
since you are new to see how you like us. if you do decide to join krafters
korner then you must pay the $20 for a year or ask for help to have your
dues paid for.

so my suggestion to you is to first go over and sign up for a class. would
you like to learn to crochet? There is a beginner phone class coming up
soon. Perhaps an email class sounds better to you?  why not try the kumihimo
candy cane stripes bracelet class? both of these classes are for beginners
and it just so happens that I am teaching both of them.

<smiles and welcome to the group.