[Nfb-krafters-korner] OT Kim-mailing

Terry Knox tknox6 at sc.rr.com
Wed Sep 7 00:00:17 UTC 2016

Kim,

I believe you are asking questions that a few of us wrestle with, Mailing. I
can pass along some suggestions that I am sure you have considered along the
way but I will place them here. If you are making the bracelets, and you are
treating your craft as a business, you must go with a professional business
dealing. If these are for friends and family it will be different. Business
wide, you must charge for your shipping cost and add that to your price. You
must send some and determine the cost of packaging and mailing. There are
post office boxes that are general in cost. For friends you might pay the
cost of package and mailing on yourself. I even know there are websites like
Stamps that will help you will all of this but you have to work to set this
up. You can include the cost of mailing by adding to the price of what you
make by charging half of the mailing costs for your bracelets. Many
different ways to handle the mailing. Most people use Pay Pal and you have
to set this up for yourself to use it. Credit cards are another issue and
there are companies that you can hook into and use but I know little about
them. If you are accepting checks from people you know that is also fine,
from those you do not know I would look into privacy issues for yourself.
Hope you might get something out of this message.

Terry Knox