[Nfb-krafters-korner] Loom Knitting

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Tue Sep 27 11:38:13 UTC 2016

I love hand knitting and loom knitting.  Neither is better than the other.  It all depends on what you want to do, what kind of yarn you have and what you want to make.
Take making a blanket, you can make it in one piece on circular needles, with a long cable.  You can knit squares and sew or crochet them together.  You can loom knit the squares and put them together.  You also could hand knit or loom knit strips for your blanket.
The next step is creating the color plan and what stitches you want to use.

I find I like to knit on the go and loom knit at home, where I have a hard table for my loom.  Some use their lap, but I feal I get more even stitches, using a hard surface.

As they say, in the crafting world, there is no correct way, or  to each his own!

Terry Powers