[Nfb-krafters-korner] staging a revolt

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 16:28:58 UTC 2016

I hereby declare that I am staging an imminent (peaceful) revolt against low expectations for blind crafters! I think we should all show up at your house, Naima, with crochet hooks, knitting needles, sewing machines, and whatever other “implements of destruction” we can think of and that we use, and whatever other materials we need for our chosen craft, plus laptops and phones with speech and screen magnifiers for researching the how-to’s of various patterns, and do a “craft-in” showing your mom how it’s done! Better than just photographs with “circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one,” right? Can you tell I’m an early-70s child with some 60s leanings? Just had to give a nod to both John and Yoko, and to Arlo!

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---