[Nfb-krafters-korner] Beginner Crochet Questions.

Tammy ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 22:35:56 UTC 2017

Sandra,
Hello and best wishes on learning something new.  I have crocheted for years and am still learning.  Smile!  I use the size J metal needle for most of my projects. I like the way it feels in my hand.  I have some plastic needles but always go back to the metal ones.  I haven't tried the wooden ones but just might give it a shot.  Just pick out the one that feels best in your hand.  I like the way the yarn slides over the metal.  After you learn a few stitches, you might need to use a different size depending on what the project recommends.

I have used Red Heart yarn 4 ply for 99% of my projects.  If you make a baby blanket or scarf, you would prefer a much softer yarn.  Here again, it all depends on project and budget.

If you have more questions, just toss them out here.  It doesn't matter if it has been discussed.  I enjoy sharing.

Best wishes on that 1st chain!
Smile!

---