[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 8/2/17

Tanya VanHouten vanharris62 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 19:04:01 UTC 2017

I have found braille to be a great thing to have when writing patterns.
I learned braille as a child when I attended the school for the Blind. Then
I went to public school, and I tried to be "like them" and all but forgot
about it.
When my vision started progressing in the mid-90's, a lightbulb came on in
my brain that shouted... HEY, you know braille, you big dummy!!!
So, I had to re-familiarize myself with braille. I have taken braille as a
part of my master's program but only feel comfortable teaching uncontracted
to beginners, as UEB made things really complicated - what do I teach, the
new way or the old way or both?
Tanya