[Nfb-krafters-korner] Board decision regarding tactile braille greeting cards, please read

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 14:16:10 UTC 2017

Dear Members,

The board had a two and a half hour meeting last night and many things were
discussed. I would like to advise you as to one of the decisions.

We will no longer be selling tactile greeting cards at convention or on our
website; we are done with selling cards. This decision was based on a number
of factors including the fact that sales of cards have been low over the two
or three years we have attempted to sell them, and we estimate we have not
made a profit on them. In addition, we have had difficulty getting adequate
help from our members attending convention to assist with card sales.

The board and I negotiated a deal, where I will be donating $100 to the
division to cover the expenses for the supplies that the division paid for.
I plan to sell the tactile greeting cards online myself and will advertise
on the listserv when I have made arrangements.

I would like to thank the board for giving me the opportunity to take the
many cards I have already made and use them in another venture. I would also
like to thank all of you who have helped to sell cards for the division in
past years.

Sincerely.

Cathy Flesher