[Nfb-krafters-korner] craft storage; was Sunday Question

Cathie/Rob Jacobse rcj4550 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 21:04:03 UTC 2017

Good question; we all do things a little differently and it is great to know what others are doing.   I’m in need of keeping all things in a neat and tidy place.  We have our house on the market, bits of yarn and unfinished projects roaming from room to room is not the best look.
I keep hooks, yarn needles, place markers, small scissors and a tape measure in a zippered cloth pencil type bag.  This handy little bag lives in a larger zipper tote type bag which also contains yarn and small projects in progress.  This tote bag is easy to grab for a road trip or hanging out on the patio.  In case of a viewing request there is a shelve  space in my closet next to a plastic bin of more yarn.  This is my frequently sought after  in progress items.
The looms live in a cupboard  along  with  the plastic bin containing beading and jewelry making supplies.  All tucked away, all neat and tidy in the office  or as I call it the craft room.
And then there’s all that yarn!  I am lucky to have a larger linen closet near the family room.  Yarn is statched in a variety of storage containers.  My favorite are the clear plastic zipper bags that sheets come in - very handy for storing and sorting  yarn! smile
Currently in this linen closet is a clean small plastic garbage container holding a larger in the works progect.  This is a grab and work somewhere actually anywhere for a bit of time.  Then back it goes into it’s spot in the closet.  oo I am feeling all organized.  Well not completely…
I need to organize the knitting needles into a special spot , something to work on.  Knitting is newish to me.
And the other thing needing attention is labeling the yarn colours.  Think I’ll use My Pen Friend and someone with vision would be good.

Keep crafting,

Catherine J