[Nfb-krafters-korner] Storage in the house and to go

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] terry.powers at nih.gov
Mon Aug 21 20:22:43 UTC 2017

When I moved into this apartment in 2006, my niece gave me 2 book cases, broken down into cubes.
I put them into the bedroom, then designated as my office.  Target sells collapsible canvas cube like drawers.  I got different colored ones and sourted out my worsted weight yarn.  I also got a few sets of plastic draws, from Walmart.  Through the years, I have gotten a few more sets of draws and tried to sourt my yarn by brand.
When Henry came down from CT, he took  over part of my office and gradually, I have moved and gotten rid of some of the worsted weight yarn.  Now Henry has both cubic book cases.
I had 2 wicker baskets, with cloth linings.  I gave Henry one so we each have one for our current projects.
Each item I have, in the works is in its own canvas bag, so it can be picked up and taken with me.  Also matching yarn can be kept in the bag.
I have 3 cases for my supplies.  One is just an old canvas pencil case, one is a net book case and the other is a mini back pack, with a few conpartments.  I use a quilted change purse for needles and folding sizzors.  I have a small, box with snaps on the sides for my stitch markers and needle protecters.
All my supplies stay in one of these 3 cases.
I have a box for mini looms, another for crochet hooks and another one for circular needles.
I also have a large box for knitting needles.  I finally have interchangeable needles and might get another set.
I also have a folding metal ruler and at least 2 5 foot tape measuring tapes.  They are in my case, too.
If you have the room, plastic draws are cheaper than a dresser and some kinds can stack.  I also have some boxes.  My goal is to eliminate the boxes.  I have a lot less boxes than I did, 7 years ago.  I also use, small under the bed storage containers, from Walmart.

This should give people a few tips.
I also have one of those craft storage bins on wheels, with the pockets on the sides.  I really do not use it much accept for storing a few items.

Terry P.