[Nfb-krafters-korner] Sunday question, cont'd

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 21:58:33 UTC 2017

Ha, Terry—why do I have so many crochet hooks? Because I make up for being so-o-o organized by being really, really ditzy, too, and forgetting the occasional hook somewhere!!! I forgot to mention, in the little quilted bag in my top plastic drawer is also an old prescription bottle of tapestry needles, right-sized-for-the-going-project knitting-needle caps and all kinds of markers. Right now, because I’m re-doing that yellow cable sweater in crochet, though, that bottle is with my measuring tape et. al., by my NLS equipment on my sofa, AKA, as I said, “my craft station”. I didn’t used to have that plastic set of drawers, but a couple years ago when my mom and I went through a re-org binge, I remembered I had several smaller ones for various things, and thought, “Why not! It would remove so much clutter and give me extra space for stuff.” Best inexpensive investment I ever made!

Anyone have a basket pattern so I could pick up yet another craft, and make Emily a nice, deep, round, wide, cozy kitty bed? I’d want it probably 2-1/2 ft. wide, 12 inches high, circular... I’ve never done basket weaving, but it would be a fun thing to do for her—and hopefully, she’d like it!

BTW, Greg (I think it was you), you mentioned getting some jewelry-making patterns done in Braille. Has that happened yet? If so, and you’re selling, how much would you charge? I still have stuff (again, in my plastic drawers) for that, and am ready to roll once I have some idea what I’m doing.

Sandra

One can never consent to creep, when one feels an impulse to soar.
(Helen Keller)

---