[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 8/23/17

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 13:40:13 UTC 2017

Hi Nella and all,

I will list two handmade crafts that were special to me.
The first is the Christmas stocking my mother knitted for me when I was a
child. I still have it. my mom made one for me and both of my sisters. Each
had a different picture created with yarn on the stocking. Mine was a Santa
Claus with a fuzzy yarn for his beard.

The nicest Christmas craft I have made myself is a safety pin beaded
Christmas tree. This class was taught by Theresa and was the first safety
pin beading class I'd ever taken. The tree was made by placing beads on
safety pins and then stringing the pins onto a wire and shaping the wire to
form a tree. Then a string of small lights was placed inside the tree to
allow the light to glow through the beads. Most of the beads were crystal
but on each branch of the tree was a colored bead to represent a light bulb.

I got so many compliments on that tree! I kept it for a while, then gave it
to a friend who especially loved the tree.

Have a great day!!
Cathy F