[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 12/27/17

Amy Herstein maria830 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 12:15:55 UTC 2017

Hi, everyone. A very happy rest of your holidays!

I received two handmade gifts, both from a friend who works with me. She crochets and made me two small gifts, one a wreath ornament, another a coaster with a sparkly yarn. Typically, she includes something that she has crocheted whenever she gives gifts to her friends. In addition, she designs many of the items she makes. I’ve gotten scarves and small afghans from her in the past, as well as small ornaments and fridge magnets, and she does very nice work. She loves to work with color, and many of her items feature holiday themes; she really enjoys looking for patterns and designing new pieces prior to each holiday. I think that half of her fun comes from choosing her yarn, selecting, modifying, or creating a pattern, and finishing her goods in time to decorate her work area or give them to her friends. She tells me she finds the crocheting itself medatative, the finishing necessary but a little boring, and the craft’s flexibility gratifying.

Amy