[Nfb-krafters-korner] upcoming class: Loom Knit Fairies Cowl

Naima Leigh nleigh2016 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 22:35:40 UTC 2017

Yes, thanks Becky.

Naima

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfb-krafters-korner [mailto:nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Becky Frankeberger via Nfb-krafters-korner
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:31 PM
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists'
Cc: Becky Frankeberger
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] upcoming class: Loom Knit Fairies Cowl

Naima, a cowl is a scarf that is joined into a circle and placed around your neck. Usually closer to the back of your neck then down in a u shape down to your chest in those folds. The first time I saw a cowl it was on a sweater. It was quite the fashion at one time to where cowl neck sweaters usually in the Northern colder areas of the country. But now a days they are more like a scarf that goes around your neck but has those many folds from the fabric being wide. There is a pattern for a hood you can wear over your head then fold down and wear it as a cowl, that is how wide they are.   They are very wide and hand down in folds.

Does this help?

Becky