[Nfb-krafters-korner] Shout out to Terry K

Karen butterfly05 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 6 22:04:43 UTC 2017

Terry K,

Yes, I knew about the flag cake but had not made one. It's delightful!

Summer berry season is too short.

I have loved berries since I was little when we lived across the street from
strawberry fields during a time in Pennsylvania. My grandfather would take
me over there and lose sight of me in the rows as I ran up and down with the
basket. He loved to tell how all he could see was just the top of my head
every once in a while. Oh, what it would be to go berry picking again.

We definitely have to switch it up a bit to deal with this dangerous heat.
The triple digits are intense, and the nights are not going much below 80.

I like cool mornings and warm sunny afternoons; that's not going to happen
again for a while. The bright side: if it was cold I couldn't swim and I
love that I can go in the water a couple times a day now.

Be well and stay cool,

Karen