[Nfb-krafters-korner] funky Friday! OT

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Mon Jul 31 21:31:02 UTC 2017

Yes, she did win the National Queen Title in her division.  The Trashin Fashion was just for fun so no one won for that category.  They also had Christmas in July, and State Pride.

There was a category that was judged that was for a State Wear.  Alyssa was a tree.  Arbor Day was started in Nebraska with J. Sterling Morton. I designed the tree with a little help from my cousin.  She wore a green leotard with leaves on it.  Some came on the basic costume, but I sewed on  many other leaves to fill it out like a tree.  She wore brown leggings that I had to sew leaves around the waistband so the trunk and tree blended together.  I created a head wreath of leaves.  Most of the leaves I highlighted with green glitter to give it sparkle.  It was a piece of work that I was very proud of.  I only had about 3 days to work on it.  We came back from National Convention on Sunday and left for Kentucky on Wednesday.

Thanks for asking!
Cindy Z.