[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 11/22/17

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Mon Nov 27 21:42:22 UTC 2017

Just getting back from my surgery and Thanksgiving break.  I am just now reading last Wednesday's question.  I remember using my hand in grade school to make a turkey.  The thumb was the turkey's head and the fingers were all colored differently to make the turkey feathers.

My husband and I made a turkey basket for rolls or wrapped silverware.  The turkey head and feathers were made out of felt.  They were cut, sewn and stuffed.  Each feather was a different color.  We still enjoy the finished product!

I remember a turkey made out of a toilet paper roll.  You could use multiple traced hands as the feathers or leaf shaped feathers cut out.

How about the candy turkey made out of an Oreo and Corn Candy for the feathers.  A marshmallow or other candy like a malted milk ball for the head.

I just got the news and I am so Thankful for the fact that the biopsy did not show any cancer!  Thankful for my family and friends!  Thankful for the gifts God gave me that I am able to share with others.

Cindy Zimmer, CVRCB
Client Services Counselor
NCBVI (Lincoln)
4600 Valley Road, Suite 100