[Nfb-krafters-korner] pinecone necklace

Nella Foster jellybeanfarm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 23:37:56 UTC 2017

I remember making a necklace with a pinecone in school.  We took very small
pinecones and cleaned them with some type of solution.  I believe it was
salt water, but not sure.  Then we let the pinecones thoroughly dry.

After they were dry we took them outside and laid them on newspaper and then
used spray paint on them.  I remember kids using, gold, silver and bronze
paint.  I think we used 2 or 3 coats to make sure the whole pinecone was
covered.  Once they were dry we took fine wire and wrapped around the larger
end to make a small loop.  We could then put a chain or leather cord through
the loop.

My poor Mom still has the one I made for her. lol

I was thinking it might be nice to paint some larger ones to use for
decorations.  They could make nice center pieces and such.

Nella