[Nfb-krafters-korner] Hello

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 21:49:24 UTC 2017

Hello Amber,
Welcome to the list. Marianne asked a wise question which was, is your
daughter interested in learning to sew specifically. If so, then it is
certainly possible for her to learn to sew and quilt. However, this is not
the easiest craft to learn so a strong desire would be helpful. If you have
specific questions just post them to the list with the subject line sewing
or quilting.

However, I just thought I would mention to you another couple of crafts that
many of us visually impaired folks have come to love. One is knitting on a
hand loom. These are the set of 4 round plastic looms you can find at
WalMart or any of the chain craft stores. We have found this a wonderful and
easy craft. I am currently teaching a ten-year-old to knit hats and blankets
for her stuffed animals. Currently, there is a class your daughter can join
that is for folks who have never loom knit before. This class is taught by
an experienced loom knitter who will describe in words exactly what to do,
step by step. She will be teaching how to loom knit a hat.
Here at Krafters Korner a person's first class is free, so they can decide
whether they like classes and might wish to join the Division.
This particular class is an email class. the way it works is that everyone
in the class is placed on a special email list for that class. instructions
are posted in small segments and students can post any questions they have
to the list and the instructor or another class member will soon post a
reply.

Another option for your daughter would be to join one of the beading classes
currently open for sign up. These classes will be done via conference call
where all class members call in to a special number and the instructor
describes step by step how to make the project. this instructor is also a
long-time teacher here.

To sign your daughter up for a class or to see the list of available
classes, go to
httP://www.krafterskorner.org and click on classes, then current classes.
use the sign up link to sign up on the class page of your choice.

Have a great day!!
Cathy F