[NFB-Krafters-Korner] looms and weaving

Jamie Prater jdprater at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 30 15:36:12 UTC 2018

Hi, all, I don't remember if I've asked this question on here or not, but I
really really want to learn to weave items like bookmarks, belts,
potholders, dishcloths, placemats, and maybe wall hangings.  I have heard of
a few looms but know nothing about them.  What is a good starter loom that
is a little more sophisticated than a potholder kkids' loom?  I have almost
no help with instruction reading and getting started.  I want to hopefully
work with one strand of cotton or acrylic worsted weight yarn like sugar and
cream or red heart.  I don't want to use super thin or super bulky yarn.
Any guidance and/or suggestions as to how I can accomplish this lifetime
goal and ambition that I have wanted to do since age seven to 10 would be
most greatly appreciated.  I will have to order online or by mail or phone
as there are no stores around that carry things like this.  I have been to
hobby lobby and we are going to get a JoAnn''s Fabric and craft store here
eventually but it has not opened yet.  Thanks for any help or guidance and
advice.  I already know how to crochet, needle knit, loom knit, weave with a
potholder loom, latchhook, and a small amount of plastic canvas stitching.
Thanks and have a blessed day.