[Nfb-krafters-korner] crochet how to for Melanie

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 00:51:53 UTC 2018

Hi Mel,
Well, hmm, I have never done it sighted, so I can only explain the way I do
it. others of us do it differently, especially those who used to be able to
see. Terry K is one of our crochet instructors and has some crochet classes
coming up. She may be willing to give you some help, just ask her about it.

Okay, so I am right-handed and hold the needle and working yarn in my right
hand. I do not drop the working yarn at any time to keep good tension. But
once I have wrapped the yarn around the hook I keep the yarn loose. I use my
left hand to feel the loops on the hook to be certain I have the correct
number. I also use my left hand to guide the needle when I dip it down with
my right hand to get a new stich onto the needle and then feel to make sure
I get the stitch on the needle.
The trick is to find which of your fingers are most sensitive to feel what
you are doing.

Have a great day!!
Cathy F