[Nfb-krafters-korner] Monday Night Chat on Spinning

Zimmer, Cindy cindy.zimmer at nebraska.gov
Thu Feb 15 14:49:02 UTC 2018

Here is the information that DiAnn sent from her talk on Monday night.

If someone wanted more information about Babe Spinning Wheels or my Angora yarn (100 yards 2 ply handspun 100% angora yarn $36/hank), my Email address is diann at countrydreamacres.com<mailto:diann at countrydreamacres.com> its also my PayPal account. Anyone can contact me on my email. I am active on Facebook (DiAnn Boehm) and have a business Facebook under Country Dream Acres. I have an Etsy store under that name too, but its lapsed.  I need to get it going again.
To find YouTube videos just type in "Beginning Drop Spindle spinning" and start watching.  Same with "Beginning spinning on a wheel" which actually will come up on the list as you progress through the drop spindle spinning videos.  Just watch them all.  Everyone does things a bit differently.  The fifth one you watch might be the one that makes sense to you!  You can also find YouTube videos on how to make your own drop spindle.  You can also buy beautiful hand turned hardwoods from master craftsmen
You can Google "Fibers for Spinning in (your state/country)" and get a complete list of different places that shouldn't be too far.  Also, the internet is a great place to get anything from anywhere.  Just watch their customer happiness rating.
Interweave Press has wonderful Spinning videos and publications available.  Their bi-monthly spinning magazine is called "Spin Off". Its available online you can get it for your Kindle or physically by subscription.  JoAnn Fabrics also sells it.
Thanks again for asking me to speak!  I sure had fun!
DiAnn Boehm
Country Dream Acres.

Cindy Zimmer, CVRCB
Client Services Counselor