[Nfb-krafters-korner] poncho

Bernice 1948lighthouse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 23:39:09 UTC 2018

After the grandchildren went home today, I actually took some time to work
on the poncho I am making for my daughter. Kathy Fletcher sent me the
pattern. My son-in-law and I looked at practically every scaine of yarn at
Michaels trying to find the yarn for my daughter. We found fuzzy yarn and we
found yellow yarn. But we didn't find fuzzy yellow yarn. Jim even searched
several web sites of companies that a yarn that felt right, but didn't have
yellow. No dice, not even yellow on the manufacturer's web sites. I guess it
is a summer color.

Well I have been working on it for a couple of days, and it has grown so
much, that it really doesn't fit on the circular needles I am working on. I
found 60 inch circular needles on amazon though. They should get here by
Thursday.

It is going to be very warm. She is always going out without her jacket and
then Jim gives her his jacket. I am going to encourage her to leave the
poncho in a tote bag in the van so she will always have it.

I am determined that this is the year to find a useful item I can make out
of the sinful amount of yarn I have upstairs to sell at bazaars or craft
sales to donate to our local chapter.

I also have a couple of beaded Christmas decorations that other people have
made that I would duplicate and add my personal touches to. Again, this is
looking forward to next fall's Christmas local craft sales.

I don't have any other resolutions, but I think I would feel fantastic to
accomplish these. Oh, of course, this really is the year for me to retire. I
hope by the end of March.

I am wishing every a healthy, happy, fantastic new year.

Bernice and that sweet Octane who is waiting patiently for his dinner.