[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 6/20/18

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] terry.powers at nih.gov
Thu Jun 21 14:51:42 UTC 2018

My name is Terry Powers, from Maryland.
I was born in Washington DC, singaly adopted at 4 and 1/2 years old.  I lived   in Puerto Rico for 2 years and have spent the rest of my life in MD.
My adopted mom tought me to knit and I made a few items, but Krafters Korner has advanced my knitting skills.  I have also learned to loom knit, which I did not even know existed.  A friend, at work tought me to do plastic canvas and I have shaired that craft with my KK friends.  I have learned a little about beading, but would like to advance my skills, in that area, using, thread, wire and also wire on the knitting loom. I hope to learn how to use beading tools with my arthritis!!!
I can still knit and loom knit with arthritis!
I also want to advance the little I have learned about crochet, on this list.
When joining, I never thought I would be selling my own work!!!
A big thanks goes to our founder, Joyce Kane!
I am one of the original members of KK.  I want to see KK continue on and on and teach many others like me to craft!
During my 10 years with KK, I also wrote a book on plastic canvas, for Horizons for the Blind.
It is still available.

Terry Powers