[Nfb-krafters-korner] FW: Want To Know Wednesday 5/9/18

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] terry.powers at nih.gov
Thu May 10 19:08:10 UTC 2018

As a kid, I do not remember doing much crafts.  I still remember that pencil holder made of a can, covered with popsickle sticks, my mom kept on her desk at work.  I'm sure I made cards for her.  My mom tought me to knit.  We made my one and only afcan.  Sorry to say, it got destroyed by the use of the family and dogs clawing at it!
I went on to make a doll blanket for 2 of my sisters.  Either my mom or a friend, stitched their names on the their blanket.
I was the most crafty, in the family.  One of my sisters took up clay, but the kilm finally was shut down.  I have a few of her pieces!
In cindy's class, we were talking about items we had as kids.  I do not know if this is a craft, but I built houses and churches, out of American bricks.  It would have been neet to be a blind designer!
Mom!  I bet you never thought I could learn to knit, loom knit and even sell my work!
Hope you are proud of me!!!
The NFBKK has turned me into a crafter!!!
I miss you Mom!

Terry Powers