[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 5/16/18

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:35:38 UTC 2018

Well, I believe there should be a separation from what to me seem to be
committee chairs and the board positions.

For example, presently, the way things are currently structured, The
position of Vice president is in charge of Membership.

Membership in my mind is a committee.  Vice President is there to support
the President and to fill in if the President is unable to fulfill her
responsibilities.

So, what I am saying is that I feel the board job descriptions should more
reflect the position.  Then each board member could be required to chair a
committee.  This then would be a flexible thing.  Each position is not tied
to a particular committee, but, will be responsible for a committee that
that person feels strongly about.   if one person is skilled at compiling
the membership data, yet not able to fulfill the position of Vice President,
then the right person is able to be placed in both jobs.

If then the Vice President is one who is able to and willing to attend the
Convention that might be a good committee for the Vic President to volunteer
to be the chair of.

I think that after elections the Board should meet, at that point the list
of committees is presented and each board member according to his or her
skills and talents takes on the chairmanship of that committee.

Dixie

@-> + <-@