[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 5/16/18

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] terry.powers at nih.gov
Wed May 16 18:01:50 UTC 2018

People have handed out fliers and or spoke at their state convention.  People have sold items and handed out fliers at their state convention.  We have our face book account.  Someone mentioned reaching out to the Seniours division.  This would be great, but we also need to reach out to the Students division!  We need some young  folk in this group! It would be neet to teach teans how to loom a hat and have them make hats for the homeless!
Is there any chance we could get a few minutes at the Seniors and or Parents meeting for our president or vice to talk about the group.

I hope to see things calm down, after the new slate of officers is elected. We want to be one big happy family, again!!!
I did actually try to meet with the 2 ladies in VA.  We talked about it and talked about it, but it never came about.  This group is really to small for state chapters.  Transpertation is the big problem for those in the sane state to meet together.  We have talked about going to a knitting event, but money is another issue.
My best advice is to join a local church or senior knitting or craft group.  Henry and I belong to our church knitting group.  They had never seen a loom, until we showed up!

Teachers, reach out to your students and ask them, will you teach this again.  There are people interested.  I can back you up if you want.

We also need a suggestion box.  It looks like people have thoughts but do not know how or where to express their thoughts.
Changes are not going to happen unless people speak up to the board, at an open board meeting, at an open chat or if we create a suggestion box.

Joyce has done a wonderful job finding ways to include people outside the US.
When I joined I did not have long distance coverage.  Joyce made sure someone called me and connected me into the call.  That is dedication!  She could have just left  me by the way side!
Now look what a good crafter, teacher, mentor and board member she turned me into!

KK has survived 10 years and we are going to survive 10+ more years!!!

Terry Powers