[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 5/16/18

JILL jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Wed May 16 18:30:44 UTC 2018

Good ideas
Jill

Sent from XFINITY Connect App

------ Original Message ------

From: Dixie via Nfb-krafters-korner
To: 'List for blind crafters and artists'
Cc: Dixie
Sent: May 16, 2018 at 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 5/16/18

Well, I believe there should be a separation from what to me seem to be committee chairs and the board positions. For example, presently, the way things are currently structured, The position of Vice president is in charge of Membership. Membership in my mind is a committee. Vice President is there to support the President and to fill in if the President is unable to fulfill her responsibilities. So, what I am saying is that I feel the board job descriptions should more reflect the position. Then each board member could be required to chair a committee. This then would be a flexible thing. Each position is not tied to a particular committee, but, will be responsible for a committee that that person feels strongly about. if one person is skilled at compiling the membership data, yet not able to fulfill the position of Vice President, then the right person is able to be placed in both jobs. If then the Vice President is one who is able to and willing to attend the Convention that might
be a good committee for the Vic President to volunteer to be the chair of. I think that after elections the Board should meet, at that point the list of committees is presented and each board member according to his or her skills and talents takes on the chairmanship of that committee. Dixie @->+<-@ -----Original Message----- From: Nfb-krafters-korner On Behalf Of Nella Foster via Nfb-krafters-korner Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 7:51 AM To: nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org Cc: Nella Foster Subject: [Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 5/16/18 Happy Wednesday to all you crafters out there. I hope everyone's week is going well so far. Since this is our tenth anniversary and we are soon to have elections, this week's questions will be along that theme. How do you think we can increase KK membership? How do you picture the future of this division? How can we promote member involvement? What are your ideas about elections, roles of officers and the like? As usual I look forward to
reading your responses and your suggestions can help our board. Have a great rest of the week. Nella _______________________________________________ Nfb-krafters-korner mailing list Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org Division Website: http://www.krafterskorner.org Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/NFB-Krafters-Division/269246643109571 Krafters-Korner Blog http://krafterskorner.org/ "Follow NFB Krafters Korner on Twitter: Our Handle is @craftingblind Don't have a Twitter account? You can still follow Krafters Korner on Twitter. Go to: Twitter.com/craftingblind To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Nfb-krafters-korner: http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/cobaltblueh eron%40gmail.com _______________________________________________ Nfb-krafters-korner mailing list Nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet
.org Division Website: http://www.krafterskorner.org Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/NFB-Krafters-Division/269246643109571 Krafters-Korner Blog http://krafterskorner.org/ "Follow NFB Krafters Korner on Twitter: Our Handle is @craftingblind Don't have a Twitter account? You can still follow Krafters Korner on Twitter. Go to: Twitter.com/craftingblind To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Nfb-krafters-korner: http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/jillbilly4%40comcast.net