[Nfb-krafters-korner] Sort of a Revisited Topic, Old style knitting machine

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Thu May 17 21:46:43 UTC 2018

Oddly enough the cheapest I found them was on Etzy, but the shipping is high from Germany and I could not get an answer from the sellers if there is a Tariff charge or custom charge.

I have seen dimensions over on Etzy for each of them.  So check it out.  I even found on Etzy someone who makes a device like a motor or electric that turns and you do not have to crank the handle.  So if your arm gets tired or if you are unable to crank the handle this will do it for you.

The professional one was the first and had only 22 needles and I am not positive of the spacing between the needles, but the new one with 46 needles I think can use a wider range of yarn weights so there might be a different spacing on the smaller one to the larger one.  There is a book out titled Cranking or knitting something like that, but the lady on Etzy who sells the larger one for the cheapest has several choices with the 3rd choice including extra needles, the stoppers  legs or footers with the book and another couple of things included.

Joyce
Joyce