[Nfb-krafters-korner] My Tube and cardboard Phone invention

Sharon Hooley shooley42 at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:18:01 UTC 2018

hi again,

I just thought I’d share how I made a more-realistic shape of a phone when I was a girl.  I used a pair of boxes for the bases,  empty toilet paper rolls,  with disposable plastic cups with holes on the side to fit on either end, and a long tube with sections fastened end-to-end, that had a bumpy texture , sort of like a vacuum cleaner hose, except that they  came from a hospital where my brother-in-law worked for awhile. Each end was placed inside each toilet paper roll to convey the sounds of speech.  The only problem, at least on my end, was that I needed to  hold the tube father inward to make sure it would work, as that hole was at the side rather than directly at the end.  :)

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids?  Visit http://cochlearamericas.com