[Nfb-krafters-korner] Want To Know Wednesday 5/31/18

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Wed May 30 22:26:37 UTC 2018

My dad was a Korean veteran. He was raised by a strict father who never hugs
his boys or showed them how proud he was of them. He came into his marriage
to my mom exhibiting the same tough no nonsense with his first two kids.
Then came his frail little daughter me. Now how would he discipline me if my
bones broke so easy. How would he protect me from falling or bumping into
things. He had to learn fast, and he sure did. He was the kindest man and
spent much time with me, it seemed on purpose. He played cards, and we took
walks when mom was being mom. He saw how upset I was. He let me vent about
her or bullies at school, always listening carefully. He always wanted to
come up with some wise words, but he was a simple man. He had though a
secret, which I knew about. He could look at a math problem and he just knew
the answer. The Nuns at school were so harsh with him and smacked him many
times. Oh, I so admired his ability for math. He always checked my home
worked and gently told me to check one of the numbers. He was right.

Thank you daddy,
Bubbles