[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Sewing patterns

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 16:42:41 UTC 2018

Hi, Tracy,

Take note of any seams and allow for extra room for those on the pattern.
Same with the waistband.  For instance, assuming your  waistband is two
inches wide, you allow for 2 1/2 or 3 inches width to allow for the seam
that would go along the waist of the shorts, plus the tuck-under on the
inside of the garment.  Pin first, try for fit, sewing the last step.

You may also have front and back seams to consider, depending on your
garment.

Mark any pocket placements on your cutout pattern with pins.

If you don't plan to wear the shorts anymore, take them apart and use the
pieces for your pattern pieces.  It may be possible to resew the whole thing
again, should you change your mind and want that garment reconstructed
again.  I am not at all a professional, and would be interesting to look up
what Google may have about this.

Very general instructions here.

Judy