[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Affordable braille notetaker

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Sep 30 14:53:42 UTC 2018

I recently bought the Orbit Reader 20-cell braille reader and notetaker.
The price is $449, + shipping, way less than any other notetaker.  I really
like it.  I've been using it a lot for reading, including looking through
the Knitter's Almanac Dotty mentioned the other day.  It makes a bit of
noise when the display changes, like shuffling a deck of cards, but it's not
annoying.  And it connects very easily to a smart phone, besides working all
by itself.

If someone has a few extra shekels and wants braille, this could be just the
ticket.

Tracy