[NFB-Krafters-Korner] ideas for a friend row counting

Lisamaria lisamaria0217 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 22:52:45 UTC 2019

Hola,

On my loom I put a stitch counter/safety pin on the peg. So for instants, I am looming the Christmas dish cloth. It’s got 38 stitches per row. Every time I start a new row I move the stitch marker to the next Peg representing that Rhône number. When I get past 38 I just start over again at Peg one but call that row 39. Hope that makes sense.

Otherwise, I use an app.

I did just purchased a row counting bracelet. It goes up to 99. Unfortunately, there are two different strands of beads representing the ones and the tens column. They are different colors and that doesn’t work so easily for me. So I’ve marked the strand that represents tens with a safety pin. Also, the bracelet has a lobster claw clasp which is hard to put on on your own in my opinion. I’m thinking of ways of creating keychain Stitch counters for blind people. Maybe even bracelets. I’d make the beads in different textures or sizes. Anyone interested? I think I could come up with a really cool design.

LM

Sent from my iPhone