[NFB-Krafters-Korner] learning more

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 19:54:10 UTC 2019

I have been knitting for 60 years, and I'm still learning more and more.

A baby hat pattern I found on Ravelry asked you to hold 2 needles in one
hand and cast on using a third needle to make the edge stretchy. I thought
that it was kind of weird, but it wasn't any problem.

The pattern wanted you to use double pointed needles. I didn't want to use
them and couldn't see any reason why I just couldn't use a circular needle.
Well, I found out why they were necessary. Near the top of the hat where you
decreased almost every row, there got to be too few stitches to use the
circular needle. The double pointed needles could be used when getting to
that point.

My nature is to love learning even little things. I had a teacher in college
that said if you stopped learning, you were dead.

Bernice and the adorable LoLo.