[NFB-Krafters-Korner] life lines?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 12 14:34:20 UTC 2019

I never used life lines until my current project.  The yarn store
suggested dental floss, like D uses, but I wanted something thicker, so I
used cotton yarn, in contrast to my wool.  Duh, it has to go through all
the stitches.  I only mention this because one of the ladies in my
knit-along class said she put one in, but she missed a few stitches, so it
naturally didn't work.  Also, be careful not to split the yarn.  I picked
a very blunt needle to put my life line through my stitches.
Like D said, I had to be careful on the next row not to grab the line with
the stitch.  I kept giving it a little tug, to pull it into the part of
the stitch I wasn't grabbing, and to make it clear to myself which yarn
was which.
I had to use the line a couple times.  It worked as advertised.  I had to
be careful picking up the stitches off the line, but at least I was able
to fix my mistake and not spend hours trying to do it the hard way.
Tracy