[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Cane holder

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Mar 31 15:30:28 UTC 2019

My husband likes the big, fat, folding canes, and sometimes the band that
holds it together when it's folded breaks.

I was telling him that Executive Products has cane holders, and then I
started thinking it would be easy to crochet one.  Find some sturdy,
washable yarn, probably cotton or acrylic; make a circle big enough, then
just go up until it's long enough.  Crochet a strap to hook it on a belt or
over the wrist, and there it is.

Then I was thinking it might be a good thing for the division to sell some
at convention, if people are so minded.  I bought a crocheted slate holder
at convention many moons ago, and it's still great.  Though I guess slate
holders get a lot less wear and tear than a cane holder would.

Any thoughts on any of these ideas, either my design, or as a fundraising
project?

Tracy